Vacant Post: Family Support Worker
Canongate Youth’s mission is to provide high quality youth work services that support children and young people to flourish. We aim to nurture aspirations, build relationships, provide opportunities, and strengthen wellbeing. Throughout our history we have put children and young people at the heart of what we do to deliver services to those who need it most. Across the organisation we support children and young people to:
- Have increased confidence and to be themselves
- Have improved health and wellbeing
- Be more capable of developing positive relationships
- Participate more in their communities and feel more included
- Have increased life skills
As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting children and young people to we are seeking to recruit for the following post:
Family Support Worker – 28-35 hours per week (negotiable), £26,500-£28,500 depending on experience
1 year fixed term, with the possibility of extension depending on funding
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join the CY Team. The post holder will be responsible for designing and implementing a new family support service, using a variety of approaches and methods. They will provide practical and emotional support for families to overcome challenges and improve their wellbeing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced individual who can develop a new and impactful service.
The post is subject to the receipt of two suitable references and membership of the PVG Scheme.
- Very generous employer pension contribution
- 25 days holidays per year (pro rata) increasing yearly with length of service up to 5 years
- 13 days public holidays
- Birthday Treat Day Off
- Flexible & hybrid working practice
- Sick pay and enhanced maternity and paternity leave
The closing date for applications is Monday 25th September 2023 at 5pm.
For an informal chat about the post please contact Clare Jamieson on 0131 556 9389
All applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.